Work orders are the heart of a CMMS software and it's important to fully optimize an organization's work order management. Keeping up with scheduled and on unplanned maintenance and repairs can be overwhelming for organizations using paper or spreadsheets. Using these methods leads to slower response time, equipment downtime, uncompleted tasks, inefficient labor usage and more.
Work order software simplifies and controls the work order process, creating a traceable history lowering costs and improving efficiencies and service.
With the help of specialized user permission settings, automated alert notifications and reminders, and centralized work order tracking, an organization can become more transparent and accountable to project timelines and maintenance department goals.
The way Hippo CMMS allows us to streamline our maintenance requests and work orders has been huge in saving us time and manpower to complete our tasks. Our maintenance technicians receive prompt e-mail notifications when a work order has been submitted and that allows us to get a jump on things much quicker than we normally would.
“Hippo - The Problem Solver”
Core Work Order Software Features
Creating a schedule in Hippo's work order management software is a simple process and modifying and editing preventive maintenance tasks is easy. Preventive maintenance tasks can be performed in as few as 3 clicks. Need more details on work orders? No problem!
Maintenance Requests and Creating Work Orders
- Channel maintenance requests that get approved prior to creating work orders
- Once requests are approved, work orders are created and updated with more details (images, categorized, due date, priority)
- Work orders are assigned to internal technicians or outside contractors
- Assigned techs and contractors are notified by email or on mobile device
Updating Work Orders
- Work orders can be updated in real time from desktop computers or mobile devices
- Users can add comments, add documents, images, labor time, invoices, materials and parts used, time to complete
- All modifications to work orders are recorded with user name and date and time
Closing Work Orders
- Update and record all costing data and time to complete
- Receive e-mail notifications on work order status changes
- Be notified when work is completed and ready for review
- Generate reports on KPIs like work orders completed on time, maintenance and materials costs, response time and more
Experience Hippo Live in Action
Additional Work Order Software Features
- Simple request portal to quickly submit maintenance issues to department
- Ability to approve, reject and assign requests
- Real-time e-mail notifications on request status updates and scheduling
- Simple work order management system form with many field and drop down options; due date, assigned technician, vendor, priority, work category
- Add important documents and files to work orders (manuals, contracts, images, URLs)
- View work orders on facility site and floor plans
- View and schedule work orders from Calendar dashboard
- Work orders can be searched by set criteria, printed off individually or in batches
- Manage all work orders and maintenance requests from smart phones or tablets with Hippo Mobile
- Generate insightful reports on everything related to work orders and performance
Get an estimate
Want to know how much it costs to implement a great work order management system?